It's the last bank holiday of the season and I feel on a role with this writing malarky so here is another extract from the sought-after brain of mine for all you lovely beings who are sitting in the sun freezing your bits off - it isn't a warm one I can tell you.
Toni and I celebrated our 6month anniversary with the usual discussions, a toast and an iPod. Yes my darling bought me a Nano - a cute little gadget which makes me believe I'm the envy of the world which commutes with me to work everyday, although I'm trying to ignore the fact that I might be playing catch up.
We went out for a much overdue steak at the Spur which has opened up here recently. Juicy as it was we felt the portions to be small. Still the chocolate brownie filled the gap. Next time we'll head to the Harvester.
We have managed to book several house-viewings for this week so our search is well and truly underway. I spent a shed load of time cleaning the flat which was highly therapeutic, but totally draining too. Managed to fit in time for a pre-wedding party and a (entirely separate) wedding aswell.
Toni managed to make us both a juicy club sandwich full of burger, bacon, egg, cheese and salad and was absolutely delicious. We ate it for dinner by candelight.
Today's agenda is for me to bake a cake whilst Toni grinds the stone at work. And then begin our showdown with the first house-viewing this evening. Then back to work for me, Nano in tow. I'm so excited to be commuting (for once)!
No comments:
Post a Comment