After finding freedom with my words, I felt a follow up was a must and with this week, I have gone from being utterly pissed off by ridiculous refereeing to incredible fatigue from the changing weather patterns to suped up sleep-a-holic and from waited-on diva by chef husband to kitchen madam with wooden spoon at the helm.
The week began with a sour face courtesy of Rob Styles, the ref of Sunday's super game Liverpool v Chelsea. For once, we could not blame the Blues for the attrocious luck they are presented with week in week out. No, my anger turned towards the ludicrous match official who not only snatched 2 crucial points from us, but was trigger-happy with the yellows all the way through the match and even had a Graham Poll moment, only it was 2 and no red to Essian. That's life and I sulked until they announced that Mr Styles had been given a free from officiating this weekend due to a need for further training - ha!
The sulking may have zapped my energy but I suspect I can truly put it down to the weather change. We have been talking about the funny weather since time began. We are the Brits. But, this summer, the weather became a topic thoroughly worked. We had floods. We had rain. We had cold. We had a day of sunshine, maybe two, and then the floods and it started all over. It's been like having an April shower all through summer. You may then ask "how can she be affected by the weather seeing as it's well, still raining?" I answer you this: there is a subtle difference. During the summer, we had the floods but temperatures were reaching above the 20s. We still have rain but there is a cooler air and cooler temperatures, making it a heck of a lot colder and making my body go all cranky. My gauge has lost all sense of temperature and is trying to re-climatise. To speed up the process, I had a 10hr nap. This has certainly increased my energy levels, and hopefully I'll have adapted fully soon.
And I must say I have been a lady of leisure lately. My wonder of a husband cooks dinner every night and it is usually ready for when I enter the door. I have been told to have my head checked, because I have felt a craving of sorts to get into the kitchen and do the house-wife thing, if only to re-claim my woman-hood. So I told Toni that I would be cooking the following day. As most of you know, I don't know too many dishes (I have asked Toni to be my master when I next cook some chicken) so I made some simple and much needed dal and roti. Okay, so the rotis were a bit random but at least they were round and it sure was tasty. A success for wife-Bhullar and a boost to her kitchen confidence!
Other than that matters seem to be on par with shiney happy feelings. Wifi and hub are in perfect harmony, working hard and eating lots: a diet is imminent - exercise-program included. With Friends and Ben and Jerry, who could really go wrong?
No comments:
Post a Comment