So with my honey in the passenger seat of the car we went looking for the MOON. It was to be a road trip. If one is a positive thinker then the hail storm, thunder and lightning at the start of the trip would be taken as blessing, God is blessing the car with holy water for a safe trip for the newly weds. Half way to Delhi we started to look for hotels to stay in Delhi. We decided to take
Next day our drive to Jaipur was not that eventful. My honey was sleeping and I, driving and navigating t
Next on the road trip was Udaipur but on the way to the Udaipur we had a short stop at the holy city of Ajmer. Its famous for the tomb of a Muslim saint.
In my opinion it should also be put on the map for its beggars. There beggars are not your usual ones. They have done their homework and, have plans and strategies. We realised they had areas divided amongst themselves so no one could beg in another's area. The beggars patiently waited for the target to wonder into their area before starting their begging. Amrit and I had encountered some of the most talented ones, but once you show weakness to one of them you are marked, tagged, labelled, flagged (what other word can I use) for slaughter.
We did our bit at the tomb and were back on the road to Udaipur, where our hotel room awaited us. By the time we were at the hotel Amrit's condition had worsened and she was in real pain. I wont go into the detail of it but she was in a bad way and needed a doctor. She was in bed for the next three days.
Over the three days we stayed at the hotel the staff of the Hilton-Trident were just great. From the managers to the head chef to the waiters to the door men - they were just great.
We managed to cut our little cake which our hotel had presented to us with a bottle of
wine (just for me).
We managed to cut our little cake which our hotel had presented to us with a bottle of
So after three days in the hotel room and my wife feeling better, we were on our way back to Jaipur. With sunny weather and cool winds we were cruising our way to Jaipur, when BANG! We were hit by a truck head - on the national highway. Shocked, we just sat in the car for sometime not knowing what to do, glass all over me holding the wheel, not knowing what to do, till my Amrit asked me if I was ok and I said "I am, are you ?" She was ok too. With a crowd gathering around the car we got out from Amrit 's side since mine was totally jammed by the truck impact. Lucky we didn't have a scratch on us: the car took it all.

Then started the police investigation. We were helped to the police station which was just 500 metres from the site and the report was written. If you really want to know they were all hand written and if they wanted to make a copy you had to wait for them to hand write that too. So you see everything had to be in triplicate, hand written in triplicate. But still I would say our case was dealt with the utmost urgency. It was high on the priority list, second to a group of people who had stolen 5 goats in an SUV, for which the police had set up a check point on the national highway causing a traffic jam. If you ask for service from the police they provide you with just that, even if it means causing a taffice jam and a queue of trucks for a mile on both sides of the road. Just for some kidnapped goats which might well be kebabs by then. Well anyway I thanked them for the help the gave us. The even called us a taxi, which is unheard of.
By this time we had decided that the honeymoon was over and we just wanted to go home. So another taxi was arranged for us by my friend Sumit and his wife from Jaipur to Chandigarh.
Then started the police investigation. We were helped to the police station which was just 500 metres from the site and the report was written. If you really want to know they were all hand written and if they wanted to make a copy you had to wait for them to hand write that too. So you see everything had to be in triplicate, hand written in triplicate. But still I would say our case was dealt with the utmost urgency. It was high on the priority list, second to a group of people who had stolen 5 goats in an SUV, for which the police had set up a check point on the national highway causing a traffic jam. If you ask for service from the police they provide you with just that, even if it means causing a taffice jam and a queue of trucks for a mile on both sides of the road. Just for some kidnapped goats which might well be kebabs by then. Well anyway I thanked them for the help the gave us. The even called us a taxi, which is unheard of.
I would say the honeymoon was a memorable one, we certainly would never forget it.
3 comments:
Hello, Toni and Armit!
My congratulations! Really great news from You!
Wish You health, prosperity and meaningful life!
Best regards from my twins, my husband and me.
Congratulations on your weeding!! Amrit is very beautiful. You are looking very smart aswell, unlike school days. Love has redefined your looks, I guesss. Just kidding. I had left for Pondicherry for inportamt assignment couple of days before your marriage so couldn't turn up. My apologies. But I shall like to meet you soon.
You need to be carefull!!
I have been cautioning since you rode the Black Yamaha 100 cc (in Sector - 42). Ofcourse not your fault but still Kab sudroge? Anyways, I you are always on my mind,
Your friend forever,
Prashant
hey guys T & A
great story, very nice pictures.....
wish u tons of luck and i guess when u find the perfect half life is just toooooooooooo good tooooooo beautiful...
come over sometime to Pune.....
take care...Anu
Post a Comment