Hello
Apologies to everyone. The site has been locked down for a while and Toni and I have been busy enough to forget to write. Not a plausible excuse, but something at least.
I just read the last excerpt. The one about the guy on the platform. Well, he has a name and we have become train buddies since. I wont name him since it would be inconsiderate of me to do so without his consent. But we have been train buddies for about a year now and catch the train together all the time.
What is new? Lots. First I started writing again on my personal blog - amritkalsi.blogspot.com and today I thought about writing here about the Bhullars and what we have been doing over the past year. It has been a busy year and you can read about most of it on the amrit space but lets say that Toni and I have been loving married life.
The big news (if you have returned from another planet) is that the economy has taken a thrashing of late and the country was officially in a recession as of data for the last quarter coming in at a terrible low. Jobs cuts on the rise, home repossessions and lack of flowing money is shrinking the economy. This is a good thing since the country has been living on credit, superficial credit, for too long and needs to sort its house back in order. The challenge for us is to survive.
I did by the skin of my teeth last September when my firm made redundancies. Toni is facing it now, having been told he is at risk and will find out next week. It is happening all over the country. It's not a big shock anymore. The hope is that we get through it all with enough £s to pay the mortgage and bills. The task is to keep smiling. It is hard. But Toni and I are trying. And we think we're doing well.
Married life is a funny thing. When I think that Toni and I knew each other for a period of six months before we got engaged, having met each other for the first time in person, and then meeting for the second time for months later to get married and knowing that this was perfectly right and normal to do, and then to begin living with each other without any experience of living with each other prior to the 1 June 2007, and looking at how far we have come today (a very long sentence I know but it has a point), and realising that we fit together so well, makes me smile. I feel that I am still living in a honeymoon period, but for the economic crisis that is giving us little pockets of stress. I love being married. I love spending my life with Toni. We both have God to thank. He has blessed us.
We are fast approaching our second anniversary. Can't believe it has been two years. It feels like we got married only yesterday whilst at the same time I feel like we have been together forever. It's a very beautiful feeling knowing that I have a great man, a great husband, a great friend who I share my life with.
He is at work right now. I will be cooking up some fish pakoras for his return home and sticking a few beers in the fridge just as he asked. The dutiful wife. It's nice to dote and serve Toni and I don't think I do it often enough. I hope he doesn't read this otherwise I will be getting constant requests!
Anyway, 2009 is looking like a tough test against a tidal wave of financial woe. Toni and I are armed with experience of tackling disaster together. We got an early dose on our honeymoon so I think we should be ok. You can keep up to date with us on here since I promise to write regularly. It may be that my writing switches between here and amrit space and I will keep both open for you to read. Leave us a note, comment, thought or anything.
Looking forward to writing our lives again.
No comments:
Post a Comment