
And here we are today, Monday 7 May 2007. Married to my prince in my very own fairytale wedding with an Indian filmi style romance which is all so real, and without my 5 hours of wedding movie dvd and 350 wedding pictures, it wouldn't be reasonable to think it was all just a dream.
It shouldn't be long now before my Toni turns up on my door-step or knocking at my office door. This is his planned surprise for me. To come to England unannounced so he can sweep me off my feet. Most would (and do) think it is beautifully romantic. Me, being me, overlooks that point and instead works out the logistics and what ifs of the plan and comes to the conclusion that it would be much safer if I collected my husband from the airport. But Toni and I share a similar personality disorder: stubbornness. And after many a discussion I have come to accept it. Not a happy bunny am I. But I will be once I see him. So it will be worth it (I suppose).
What other joys does life bring me this minute? Well, one very important victory was achieved last week. My Reds overcame the Blue chavs of Chelski - yes we won (again) against the team who were on for a 4-cup win this season. We just happened to bring the Blue club back to reality with a
thump. Agger's superb goal saw us draw and after Kuyt scored in extra time we thought it really was over. But for the linesman rendering the goal off-side because his body was in front of the last defender (but, arguably his feet were in line) it had to go down to the wire. And our record tells us that we had played for penalties 10 times in our footballing history: 9 we had won. Tuesday we made it 10 out of 11. Jose Mourinho couldn't help himself and claimed that his team were the better team on the night. Yes Jose, that's why they lost and Liverpool won. Chelsea are now left out of Europe (again) and lost the title to United this weekend. So Jose, lost 2 cups in a week - not doing too good are you?
thump. Agger's superb goal saw us draw and after Kuyt scored in extra time we thought it really was over. But for the linesman rendering the goal off-side because his body was in front of the last defender (but, arguably his feet were in line) it had to go down to the wire. And our record tells us that we had played for penalties 10 times in our footballing history: 9 we had won. Tuesday we made it 10 out of 11. Jose Mourinho couldn't help himself and claimed that his team were the better team on the night. Yes Jose, that's why they lost and Liverpool won. Chelsea are now left out of Europe (again) and lost the title to United this weekend. So Jose, lost 2 cups in a week - not doing too good are you?Liverpool are through to the Champions League final against A C Milan (once again
) who thrashed a hopeless United team out on Wednesday night. With key errors in defence and a fabulous Kaka, United were left watching as Milan celebrated their victory. Now we await the re-run of May 2005, when we were left 3-0 down at half time in Istanbul and out (almost) but came back fighting and defeated the Italians claiming the cup for ourselves. Gatusso claims it will be revenge for the 2005 game. We just hope to control the psycho, and his team mates, especially the magnificent Kaka, who slaughtered United, and is in a league of his own. In two weeks time we will win.
) who thrashed a hopeless United team out on Wednesday night. With key errors in defence and a fabulous Kaka, United were left watching as Milan celebrated their victory. Now we await the re-run of May 2005, when we were left 3-0 down at half time in Istanbul and out (almost) but came back fighting and defeated the Italians claiming the cup for ourselves. Gatusso claims it will be revenge for the 2005 game. We just hope to control the psycho, and his team mates, especially the magnificent Kaka, who slaughtered United, and is in a league of his own. In two weeks time we will win. Wedding season is beginning to pick up here in the West. I attended my cousin's chuni and karmaiee ceremonies last week and have a friend's civil marriage and chuni ceremonies to attend at the end of this month. And then 4 weddings to attend beginning in July, and then my brother's wedding later in the year. It was ever so convenient that I received so many outfits at the wedding. They will get plenty of use.
I have begun back at the gym, but once a week does not do my subscription justice. I am seriously trying to motivate myself to attending more often but time is a critical factor. Work is keeping me very busy for which I am grateful for as I think I would have lost my mind waiting for Toni with little to do. I am also searching for a place for us to rent, whilst at the same time job hunting as qualification dawns on me. No more pretending to be a lawyer - time for the real thing.
And so that is the gist of the latest happenings in the small slightly significant land of England, where Amrit awaits her Toni who will arrive unannounced in romantic jest. She will be overwhelmed with joy as he. Counting down the days....
No comments:
Post a Comment